Saturday, August 07, 2010

Ticket Alternative's New and Notable Shows

Each week (or so), our pal Leila at Ticket Alternative sends us an e-mail listing all the brand-new, freshly-announced, hot-off-the-presses Ticket Alternative shows. And each week (or so), we post this e-mail on the blog for y'all's information. Think of it as a sister post of sorts to our semi-regular monthly show calendar postings. Don't forget: You can buy tickets for any of these shows at good old Decatur CD. Enjoy:

Big news this week is that all the True Colors plays in their 2010-2011 season are now on sale to the public, and they have already had a couple of shows sell out! Here's the schedule:

Gut Bucket Blues @ The Blazer Theater at Herren's, September 28 - November 7
Black Nativity @ Southwest Arts Center, November 23 - December 30
Broke-ology @ Southwest Arts Center, January 25 - February 20
The Colored Museum @ Porter Sanford III Performing Arts Center, March 22 - April 17
Fool For Love @ The Blazer Theater at Herren's, May 10 - June 19

Just Announced:
Goapele @ The Loft, September 4
10th Annual Walt Walden Memorial Rodeo @ Jason T. Harper Event Center, September 9 - 12
Jay Clifford @ Smith's Olde Bar, September 19 - on sale Friday, August 6 at 10 a.m.
Bobby Bare, Jr. @ The EARL, September 21

Coming Up:
Old School Saturday @ AmericasMart, August 7
Built To Spill @ The Buckhead Theatre, August 9
Athens Popfest @ Various Venues, August 10 - 14
Dax Riggs @ The EARL, August 10
Rosanne Cash Composed Book Signing @ Presser Hall at Agnes Scott College, August 14
Superfraiche Pop Night with Dragonette @ The Drunken Unicorn, August 16
Scissor Sisters @ The Buckhead Theatre, August 21

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger Bill said...

I went in looking for a gift for my nephew, I was unawaire that the cd I was looking for was not "indie" or "hip" enough for them to bother with me. When I asked if they had it the older guy with a white beard and long white hair gave me attatude and told me to go to Target. I live within walking distance...never NEVER to return. All because they do not know how to be pleasant. Next time I'll bone up on "hipster" indy music, maybe I'll be cool enough to go in! what D-Bags.

Suppose I should have asked for Love Apple, Hazel Virtue, or Widespread...jeez...how hard is it to make eye contact with the customer, be pleasant, and not belittle my first expirience in the shop by acting like I'm waisting your time asking for a silly cd.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home