Record Store Day Info
Here's what we're up to today...stop by and see us!
* There are more than 300 Record Store Day exclusive releases coming out on Saturday, which is an unwieldy number to say the least. We're working our way through the stuff we got, and there is a TON. So, here's a cursory glance at some of the highlights. Please know there will be much more... Mumford & Sons 10", Fleet Foxes 12" single, Beady Eye 7-inch box set, Numero group compilation LP/CD/cassette, Civil Wars 7", My Morning Jacket vinyl reissues, Grinderman 12" single, Akron/Family LP, The Seeds 10", Tom Petty vinyl reissues, Guided By Voices tribute LP/CD, Franz Ferdinand covers LP, Vivian Girls 7", Jimi Hendrix tribute CD, Wild Flag 7", Bad Brains vinyl reissue, Crowded House vinyl reissue, Dio picture disc, Beach Boys 10", Of Montreal 12" single, Neurosis LP reissue, Sacred Bones LP compilation, Television live LP, Hank III vinyl reissues, Mississippi John Hurt LP reissue, James Blake LP, Lady Gaga picture disc, Foo Fighters rarities LP, etc. etc. etc. It's an intense batch of awesome stuff, and some of it is very limited.
* A special one-day-only 40% off sale on select non-RSD vinyl. Now, this is hand-selected stuff, which we will mark with stickers, and NOT all the other non-RSD vinyl. That's an important distinction to make, but we'll make it very clear and keep this stuff all together in the same spot. This special sale section will include titles from the likes of The Hold Steady, Cocorosie, Jonathan Richman, The Gossip, Metallica, Butch Walker, The Sadies, Josh Ritter, Tom Petty, Cold War Kids, Midlake, Ted Leo, Devo, Eric Clapton, Band of Horses and much more. We figure people are going to have vinyl fever on Saturday and the only prescription is a more vinyl!
* Starting at noon, we'll have Community BBQ sliders. What kind of sliders? Our man Stuart elaborates: "smoked brisket braised slowly with onions, garlic and Kansas City-style bbq sauce." Sounds good to us. Stuart will also be bringing a side to go with the sliders. We're getting hungry just thinking about it. Speaking of Community, were you aware they did catering? It's true! Check our their website for more details.
* Free beer all day (21+ only, of course), from our friends at Magic Hat Brewing. They've dropped off a veritable buttload of their spring seasonal, Vinyl lager, a drink we've featured here in the store at events past, and which the brewery describes thusly: "a beer with a deep amber hue, sweet malt taste and a slight balancing hop touch." Yum! Frankly, we couldn't think of a more aptly-named brew to drink while celebrating Record Store Day.
* The one and only King of Pops will be brandishing his chilled-out treats in front of the store starting around 2 p.m. This will be weather permitting, of course, so put in a good word with Mother Nature for us! If you've had a pop or two in the past, either the last time the King stopped by DCD or at any of his myriad other spots around the city, you know these things are the real deal and sooo tasty.
* Tickets giveaways from our friends at Ticket Alternative! We'll have a box for first names and phone numbers on this one, and while we're still confirming the full show list, it will include the likes of Phosphorescent, Wintersleep, Sleigh Bells, Mogwai, The Daylights and Sleigh Bells. Pretty sweet lineup, if we say so ourselves. Thanks, Ticket Alternative!
Labels: Record Store Day