Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Security Chicken's top six records of ALL TIME

Hello, friends. I hope you have been enjoying the lists so far. Warren, Austin, Eliot and Kerry are nice people and all (I mean, I'd hang out with them if I had nothing better to do), but they're awfully simple-minded when it comes to music. So many opinions, so little substance. That's why I'm going to bring the noise with this post. Behold! My TOP SIX RECORDS OF ALL TIME!!!!111:

1. Songs to Make Dogs Happy!
After discovering this gem of an opus of a transcendent moment in the history of recorded music just last year, and having had a full 365 days more to bathe in its utter genius, I realized that it's the greatest set of songs ever pressed to plastic. This is cold, hard, ragged fact, not opinion.
2. Monster Ballads Xmas
Skid Row doing "Jingle Bells." Faster Pussycat's rendition of "Silent Night." L.A. Guns mandhandling "Run Rudolph Run." Enough said. OR, better yet, Enuff Z'Nuff (who is also included on this collection, rocking the hoo-ha out of "Happy Holiday")!
3. James Blunt - Back to Bedlam
My life is brilliant since finding this singer-songwriter. This album is beautiful, it's true.
4. The Shaggs - Philosophy of the World
Frank Zappa wasn't kidding when he called this band "better than the Beatles." I mean, seriously, have you listened to Zappa's music? That guy never joked about anything!
5. Yanni - Live at the Acropolis
With a 'stache like that, how could you say no?
6. Michael Bublé - Call Me Irresponsible
You'd have had to call ME irresponsible if I hadn't included this one. Zing!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home